I'm technically proficient

...despite certain attitude issues

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
I need help [RP for Lee] (spoilers for tonight's ER)
standing in the elevator
lockhart_md
After a strangely jarring conversation with the new hospital chaplain, Abby finds herself taking the elevator upstairs, to the surgical department. Making her way to her husband's office, she waffles outside the door, pacing, stalling.

It's not until she sees one of the surgical nurses casting a curious look in her direction that she knocks softly on the door, then pushes it open. She takes a deep breath, running her fingers through her hair, and lets the door close behind her as she steps into Lee's office.

She begins to speak but has to clear her throat before she tries again.
Hey...how's the leg feeling? She approaches her husband slowly, gesturing to his injured leg.

  • 1
She feels his awkwardness and sighs, looking out the window.

He pulls his hand back, placing it on the steering wheel again, tapping his thumb against the leather nervously. So ah...phone calls, visitation...am I going to be allowed to?

She plays with her fingers on her lap anxiously. There are visiting days...I don't know about phone calls, except they did say I won't be able to call until I'm through...She clears her throat. Through with detox.

He nods, this is what he expected. You said you needed to do this alone...does that mean you won't want me to come see you?

She bites her lip; she honestly doesn't know what she'll need. She's never been in rehab and in a serious relationship at the same time before. But then when she thinks of her previous rehab experiences, she shakes her head. It doesn't mean that.

He just nods, knowing he needs to be patient and adopt a wait-and-see attitude even if it's harder for him this way. All right. Well...you'll just have to let me know. You know I'll want to see you.

She nods. I know. I'll call you, okay?

Okay. He tenses somewhat as they reach their destination, pulling the car into the facility's parking lot. How many times are they going to torture themselves with good bye? Should...we...come in with you?

She looks at him anxiously, unsure. Do...do you want to?

He parks the car before looking over at her. I want whatever's going to make this easier for you.

She nods. I'd...like you to come in. If you could?

Of course I can. He pats her leg then unfastens his seatbelt. Hey, Lily...you ready to come say bye bye to Mommy? He asks the little girl in a too cheerful voice, not wanting her to be upset by what's going to transpire.

She unfastens her seatbelt, thinking this was a mistake to bring Lily. The little girl won't understand, and she can only hope she won't get too upset. She gets out of the car, taking her bag, and opens the back door for Lily.

He gets out of the car and comes around to help her with Lily. I'll get her...

She nods, stepping aside to let him get their daughter out of her carseat.

  • 1
?

Log in

No account? Create an account