I'm technically proficient

...despite certain attitude issues

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
I need help [RP for Lee] (spoilers for tonight's ER)
standing in the elevator
lockhart_md
After a strangely jarring conversation with the new hospital chaplain, Abby finds herself taking the elevator upstairs, to the surgical department. Making her way to her husband's office, she waffles outside the door, pacing, stalling.

It's not until she sees one of the surgical nurses casting a curious look in her direction that she knocks softly on the door, then pushes it open. She takes a deep breath, running her fingers through her hair, and lets the door close behind her as she steps into Lee's office.

She begins to speak but has to clear her throat before she tries again.
Hey...how's the leg feeling? She approaches her husband slowly, gesturing to his injured leg.

  • 1
She nods. At least. Last night we had to read it four times.

He gives her a sideways glance at that one. Four?

She shrugs a shoulder. It's not a *long* book.

I know that. He shakes his head. I understand the benefits of repetition but really...

Had to get her drowsy somehow. She admits.

Turn the lights down, rock her, talk quietly...He offers his own method for getting the baby to sleep.

Make Way for Ducklings...He repeats the title mostly to remind himself then shrugs. Okay. Is there anything else I need to know?

No...She shakes her head, then stops herself, swallowing. Could you just...remind her that I love her...that I'm coming back?

He takes one hand off the wheel and places it on her thigh. Of course I will. I did the same thing while you were in Texas.

She rests her hand over his, squeezing lightly. I love you, too.

I know you do. He turns his head towards her briefly, giving her a small smile.

Good. She nods, returning his small smile.

We'll be just fine, Abigail. He tries to sound reassuring. You don't need to worry about us.

I know. She rubs her thumb over his hand absently. I know I don't have to, but that doesn't mean I won't.

  • 1
?

Log in

No account? Create an account